There are a few things that occured since I last posted. We had originally decided to put the dog house together and use the 3 segments of roofing from the kennel as the enclosure. Well the plans didn't exactly work out...
|Here's the chainlink/chicken wire fence segments|
On July 1st I went to Home Hardware to purchase a "Barn Style" 8 X 8 Shed kit. The lady at home hardware is truly one of the worst employees I've ever encountered. She sold me the shed, no plans, I asked that the materials be delivered to the house and it was like I was asking for the moon. After some "discussion" she said it would be delivered on the Monday instead of that Saturday. The shed, well I should say the lumber was delivered, not where I asked for it to be put, no hardware and still no plans. The next day, Lee and I rushed to Home Hardware to get the plans and the hardware. The same lady argued with me that the hardware had been delivered. I think it was delivered that day.
Mid July we took a quick trip to Calgary we were in need of a few tools... Obviously. We got a smokin' deal on a DeWalt 12' Double Bevel Mitre Saw & Stand. We also bought a few "toys" for around the house. Lee and Danny set-up the saw
For the last few days we've had the chickens out in the creates (minus the plastic bottom) They've grown fast in the last month...
It's been a hot weekend! Even the pups didn't have the energy to do much!
|Placing the pavers|
|Cutting 2X4 (which by the way are really 1.5 X 4 )|
|Yupp, almost level!|
|Ready for the plywood to complete the floor!|
Well that's the update for day one. Day two and maybe three will be posted tomorrow.